Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Window to a Seahorse


Hello faithful followers!!  Today I am sharing yet another card that I designed following that fabulous book I purchased, "Interactive Cards", which features one of my favorite illustrators, Melanie Muenchinger.  Melanie created this wonderful "swing" card and her instructions on how she did it can be found in this book that is jammed packed with great and easy cards.

For my card, I used Gina K's Stamp TV Kit, Eclectic Summer.  I love this seahorse and thought he would look great dangling around on my card front with little bubbles behind him.  I added a few star fish from yet another one of Melanie's newest sets, "Gifts from the Ocean"

And on the inside.... the sentiment and another seashell from Melanie's set.  I sponged on some Vivid Taupe ink over the back of the starfish and the seahorse so that it looked somewhat shadowed from the inside of the card. 

I really enjoyed making this card and I confess, I will definitely be trying it again with some different images.  Thanks, Melanie, for sharing this fabulous book with us and sharing YOUR design secrets in it as well. 

Have a great day!  *smile*

Signature

1 comment:

Pattie J. said...

I like this seahorse, the whole idea is excellent. Love the cut out 3d of the image, and inside sentiment that you must wait for until opened. good job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...