Followers

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Book of Cards


If you know me at all... you know I have days when I just HAVE TO SHOP!!!! Now admittedly, my FAVORITE place to shop is Gina K Designs.  I sometimes think if Gina didn't have a new release every month, there wouldn't be anything left for me to purchase!!! HA HA

So, I traveled the Internet and look what I found!!! Card Keeper Album Kits!!!  I started searching through Stampers Dream and found these awesome albums just BEGGING me to buy them! Hee Hee

Every since I opened my own shop for stamping and scrapbooking, I am constantly asked if 1) I have samples of the cards I make WITH me... or 2) do I have an album that could be set out for customers to look through and order.  Well.... NOW I do!!!

On my first book, I covered it with Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight, "Lovely Lavendar" and then  used some of the paper from Basic Grey, "Kioshi" to accent my book.  Then I created a tag and stamped the sentiment from Nina Brackett's, "Heartily Yours Additions".  I also stamped the flower from the "Eclectic Summer" Stamp TV Kit and added a few butterflies from Melanie Muenchinger's, "A Beautiful Life" set. 


I simply drug a sponge around the edges of my book with the Vivid Purple ink for a bit of a border.

I covered the inside and back of the book as well.  I haven't decided if I want to add ribbon around the rings or not... guess I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Now, I have a wonderful little book to carry with me, or drop off at my beautician's waiting area and my doctor's waiting area. (As requested *smile*)

I think these books would also make a great gift of cards to give to someone along with a personal one for them as well.  The sleeves fit perfectly over the standard A2 card.  One bit of advice I might add though is I initially started putting two cards in each sleeve.  Well... if you have any dimensions at all on your cards (like I apparently do quite often), it makes the book far to bulky.  I went with one card in each sleeve and though it was still a thick book; it wasn't nearly as cumbersome as it was with two cards.

Since I now photograph most all my card insides, I think this would be a perfect way to display it on the flip side.  No added bulk if you just a simple piece of copy paper or even a thin weight card stock.

If you need a book to display your cards, I highly recommend these adorable books!!!  Have a great day!

Signature

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Love this idea!!! I make a lot of cards and would love to be able to display some of them. Thanks for the info!

sfread171@hotmail.com

Justine said...

OK this is the coolest thing EVEAHHHH! I gotta go back and read more carefully as to where I can find these. Thanks for the inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...