Followers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quite a Catch Blog Hop

Tonight we are spotlighting the new "Quite a Catch" card kit from Gina K Designs!!! This set has soooooooo many totally adorable sea images in it, how can anyone NOT smile when they see it??!!

Of course, when you purchase this set it comes with all the necessary instructions AND card stock to create the wonderful cards that Jessica Fick designed for the kit. 

I created two cards tonight that are nothing like the images in Jessica's set just to show a bit more versatility with these cute cute stamps!

I used my large circle Nestabilities to cut out a "fish bowl" and simply added some "coral" and colored beads to look like the bottom of a real fish bowl.  I colored the fish with my Copics to represent a Beta fish with it's bright blues and purples. *smile*  And... since it was an apology card to my hubby (for feeling bad that the dog ate the chocolates he bought me *smile) I made it have HUGE brown eyes. Hee Hee 



For my last card I used the cute starfish image.  I used the "Interactive Cards" book that features Melanie Muenchinger's work and I created a Spinner card.  My little starfish tilts back and forth as you move the card.  I used the seaweed image but decided not to color it in.

Yet another sea creature you just can't help but smile at.

Here's another image so you can see him tilted in the other direction..  *grin*


Visit these designer's blogs tonight for even more samples with the Quite a Catch stamp set

To see the adorable samples in the StampTV gallery, check out this link: quiteacatch   

Have fun hopping!!! *smile*

Signature

21 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! Tina - your spinning starfish made me laugh OUT LOUD!! It's perfect! What a great idea! And, I love that little goldfish with her colorful sea rocks on the bottom of her fish bowl card... you are so amazing!! LOVE your creativity, Tina!!

JessicaK said...

Awwww, these definitely made me smile, and that little starfish is truly a 'star'.

Carolyn King said...

Love your creative shaped card! Cute! That tilting starfish is ADORABLEEEEEEEEE

joy said...

Ahhh, love the spinner! Too cute!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh!! That fish bowl is perfect! I love your "coral" and the baubles on the bottom of the "bowl"! Then, there's the fabboo contrasts on the darling starfish card! Woooooooooohooooooooooo!!

~Bev

redwasher1 said...

Tina I love it!!!! The fishbowl is pefect!! I like the added marbles. Both cards are just fab!!

Becky said...

These are fabulous. Love how you colored this fish.

Payne Holler Cards said...

just adorable!!! love your fish bowl with the coral and sea rocks ..toooo cute! and that little starfish spinner! great ideas, can't wait to try them both!!!

Theresa Momber said...

OMGohs, that fish bowl with the beads is ingenious! Love the spinning starfish. What a perfect image for a spinner card.

Sharri said...

Tina, these are adorable! I love the fishbowl and the 'rocks' on the bottom. That spinning starfish is so cute!

Cat Tidwell said...

love that fishbowl and the dew drops! of course the the spinner is just too stinking cute!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Tina, these are fantastic!! I love that little starfish tilting back and forth and the fish bowl is so cool with all of the dew drops.

Jennie said...

So very cute Tina! Love the color combos on these cards and the designs just ROCK!!! Great little dew drops, very creative gf :o)

Vicki Dutcher said...

The beads are the perfect addition for the fish bowl! Fabulous cards!

Lori said...

Love your bright purple and blue fish! The tilting happy starfish is perfetc!

craftieodmae said...

How creative! A fish bowl, you never cease to amaze me!!

Lee said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I love that little fishbowl with the dewdrops and coral!!! LOVE it, LOVE it!!!! And that starfish spinner is too cute!! I have GOT to attempt a spinner card one of these days!!

colleen said...

WOW... what a pretty fish!!! Love the blues and purples together... and the gems on the bottom! GREAT idea.

Brenda said...

Tina your fish bowl card is fantastic!!! And what a wonderful starfish spinner card, Great ideas!

Cheri said...

Love, love, love your card ideas for the Quite A Catch blog hop, Tina. I love the way you gave the little star fish a happy tilt. ;0)

Betty Neville said...

These are great Tina! Love your fishbowl scene and the spinning starfish is so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...