Followers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Steven's Traveling... withOUT ME! *sniff*


Today's card was made with so much emotion. *sniff sniff*  My "little" boy is growing up and it makes me sad to think of him going away forever.  But, luckily, THIS time he is only going away for five days.  Though I am sure I will cry when he goes... he WILL be back. Ha Ha!  He's taking a trip with his school to Washington, D.C. and he is soooo excited.  This will be the first time he will be away from me for any length of time at all.  So... being the typical sappy mom, I am going to slip this card in his duffel bag so he can find it on the long drive.  They are heading out at 5:00 AM and will be spending the whole day AND the first night on the bus.  After that they will have hotels to sleep in.  Boy.... are they making a ton of stops and visits though.  I am happy for him and know he will have a load of fun.

Ok... on to my card.  I used my Diamond Plate Cuttlebug embossing folder with Gina K's Silver Lining Metallic card stock

My image is from Rupa Shevde's "Welcome Home" set.  No, he won't be driving, but he will be riding and I just KNOW that bus driver has keys! LOL  Oh! and I be they have a DC tag on them. HA HA... Kidding!!

And, of course, I had to add the patriotic ribbon since he is heading to our Nation's Capital.

I hope you have a good day and if any of you live along the path of Iowa to D.C., give me a call when you see their bus go by.... I certainly can't be calling him to check on him with all his friends around. Hee Hee

*smile*

Signature

1 comment:

Gloria Westerman said...

My DD went on a trip just like this and was gone for a whole week....but she was able to see so much...including the twin towers (before 911) and had a blast....I wish I had done this for her...putting a card in his things is just a little something from home I know he will love it when he finds it...and it is just darling....try to have a good week......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...