Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gina K DT Call Challenge TWO-FERS!


Ya I know... you've seen this already. But... NOT THIS one! Hee Hee

As you know from my post earlier today... Gina K Designs is looking for a new Spotlight Design Team Member for this month. Gina asked that we chose a favorite film and using the newest stamp releases, create a project that was inspired from that movie. Well... again... I am sticking with MY old time fav.... The Wizard of Oz!

For my second card, I decided to again use my "yellow brick" road I created with my Scor-Pal and some Ultra Thick Clear Embossing powder.  (It is the one thing I always wanted to do... walk the yellow brick road! *smile*)  My trees were from Theresa Momber's, "Gone Fishing" set and my "flying monkeys" (seagulls.. ha) were from Melanie Muenchinger's, "Gifts from the Sea" as well as the sentiment. 

I decided to combine a few of my favorite scenes with this card.  The yellow brick road travels past the trees.  Remember the trees that came to life and threw apples at them?? Hee Hee Oh! And who could forget those flying monkeys coming at them!! Eeeeeek... scared me every time.  But I still watched!! HA HA  And last... "Poppies.... poppies...."!!!  Since there were no flowers which resembled the poppies in the April stamp sets, I decided to add a bit of Flower Soft to the mix.  Also... my fence... I used the FREEBIE wood grain digital paper which Gina offered up on the Stamp TV web site!  Can't beat that!!!

Since I remember this scene as quite dark...I decided to make it a cheery "safe travels" card.  I used the blue checked DP to place under my acrylic tab and threw in a quick "straw man" bow.  I also used the Green Apple Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight card stock to give some resemblance of the wonderful Emerald City.

If you would like to play along, choose your favorite movie and make a project featuring one of the new stamp sets from Gina K Designs April release. Add your direct link to your project on Gina's Blog in the Mister Linky area. Gina will look at each one of the projects and choose a designer who will be invited to join her design team for the May release! Have your project up by this Wednesday, May 12th by 8:00PM and the winner will be announced on Friday, May 14th.

Have fun creating your favorite movie project and good luck!!



Signature

7 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Very cute! I like how you used the flower soft to border the yellow brick road. Cool sentiment too!

Miesje said...

Very cute!!

stampqueen said...

Love your yellow brick road and the fence with the flowers!!!

Melanie said...

wondeful scene, great bricks and use of the flower soft!

redwasher1 said...

Perfect yellow brick road! Love the card and you are so clever!!

Lee said...

Well I love the yellow brick road, but I still have POPPIES running thru my head!!!! LOL

Paula Laird said...

Great, great card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...