Followers

Monday, December 20, 2010

May I Serve You?

Today Stamp TV is starting a top 10 countdown of the best of StampTV. Each day, starting tomorrow, Gina will put a past video on the home page and we'll have a 10 day long challenge. You can play along as much as you want or as little as you want but each project you make counts as an entry.

All projects will use the tag COUNTDOWN so be sure to add that to your tags when you post your project in the Stamp TV Gallery.

On January 3rd, we will pick 5 winners who will win various prizes. Of course, the more you play, the better your chances. But again, you only have to play once to enter.  I hope you play along and win, win, win!!
Today I am sharing a Christmas gift I made for my son's "Step-Mom-to-Be".  I have to be careful what I share BEFORE Christmas since some of my friends and family visit my site.  Hee Hee

My Ex has a very sweet girlfriend whom he proposed to and who is VERY sweet to my son so I decided to make her a Donna Downey canvas apron which I had been wanting to do for quite some time.  I know she loves to cook because when my son goes to visit his dad she sends home all kinds of goodies with him!  Darn her!! LOL  This apron is not one you'd actually wear to COOK in... but one you might wear to serve your guest. 

I found the inspiration for this on the Prima Live U-Stream Videos.  Those gals from Prima are so talented!!  I used Adirondack Color Wash to color the apron and then used Donna's foam stamps and acrylic paint to add the flourish.  I also added some crystal bling and of course... LOTS of Prima flowers.  Since these are mostly paper, you can't wash the apron.  But... it sure is a pretty thing to put on as you go out and impress your guests in.  :-)

Everything was heavily glued with Fabric Tac  to make sure it last for a long time.  I wanted to add some lace ruffle at the top of the canvas ruffle as a double, shorter layer but with the rush of everything, I didn't find any in my local Hobby Lobby and opted NOT to fight the crowds for lace.

I hope she likes it!!  My son is VERY excited about giving it to her and that makes ME feel good.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!!  *smile*


Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...