Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12 Embellishments Challenge...... 12????

Today the winners were announced for my "12 Days of Christmas Challenge" that I posted at the Gina K Designs Release Party last week.  Did you play along???  I had lots of people gasp at the idea of putting 12 embellishments on a single card... but... can you see how easy it can be??? Did you look at the Stamp TV Gallery and see all the gorgeousness?  It didn't have to be gaudy looking or like someone threw a pile of pearls on a card.  Some simple positioning and a quick count and I KNOW you too can do this.

My first card example is one I did using Asela Hopkins, "Nesting" set.  I LOVE the butterfly in this set and decided to use some silver embossing powder to put the "life" as the butterfly's body.  And look... those fabulous sateen flowers from Gina K are doubled... that counts for TWO embellishments.  Not to mention the pearl in the middle of them.  How easy was that??? Now you already have HALF of the amount needed for the challenge!! 

I used my Scor-Pal to add some diagonal lines in my Pure Luxury Silver Metallic card stock and added some pearls to the corners.  A chipboard flourish and I was done!  Ohhh AND... see those leaves I added to the underneath of the flowers??? Those were actually flower petals that I cut off.  Wahoo... instant leaves!!  Love doing this!

This TRULY doesn't get any easier!!  For my second example I used copper nail heads.  That's it!!  Groups of threes in the corners and done!!  Again I used Asela's "Nesting" set.  I made this card pretty simple and easy.  A quick spritz of Glimmer Mist all over the card with a piece to leave a clean open box under my layered image... wrapped the ribbon and that's it.  Seriously... the CAS design along with the four groups of three nail heads and you can't get much easier and uncluttered as this. 

Give it a try sometime... you might surprise yourself!!

Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!!  *smile*

Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...