Followers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Artist Tray


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! 

I hope you have a magical and blessed day today!!  I'm sure by the time this posts my kids will be in full swing opening presents and basically trashing the house.  Ha!  The one day of the year I don't worry to much about how things look.  Gift wrapping everywhere and tape stuck to your foot every half hour. LOL  Today I am sharing a gift I made for my mother this year.  I hope she likes it.  I used many different elements in this artist tray and it was soooo much fun to create!

In the first row I started with Theresa Momber's stamp set, "Fanciful Fall" to stamp the tree.  I put tiny adhesive pearls that I colored to match my siblings birthstone colors. I added larger adhesive rhinestones to the trunk of the tree which represent my parent's birthstone.   My "Family" chipboard piece I created using Melody Ross' Chip Art tools.  I painted it with Tim Holtz gold Paint Daubers. 

In the second row I used Melanie Muenchinger's, "Buds and Vases" set and stamp the roses.  I colored them with my Copic markers and though it's hard to see in the pic... right in the middle is the word "cherish".  This is simply cut from the plastic packaging from some flowers I got from Prima.  They have such awesome packaging that I use a lot on things I create. 

Also in the second row are two of the hearts from Tami Mayberry's, "Happy Hearts".  I stamped them... folded the larger heart in half and mounted it on the crease so it stuck out from the tray.  The smaller one I stamped using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink and mounted with a Pop Dot. 

On my last row I used Gina K's "Love Notes" sentiment and used my Nestabilities to cut it out and mounted on pop dots. 

I'm not at My Studio now so I can't tell you what paper I used but it was a wonderful vintage paper I found at Archivers.  I distressed each card with Tim Holtz Distress ink prior to mounting anything to it.  I found the "greenery" at Hobby Lobby and I don't recall what it's called but I love how it looked. 

I really am pleased with how this came out and I hope she likes it.  Come back tomorrow and I'll show you another project I created for a Christmas gift. 

Again... have a magical and memorable Christmas and thanks for stopping by!  *smile*


Signature

1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tina- what a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I bet your Mom was thrilled with it! Be sure to let us know her reactionwhen she first saw it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...