Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bling on the Cake!!!


I've been seeing these awesome works of "cake" all over Facebook and on blogs lately and I just HAD to try one myself.  Doesn't it look yummy????!!!  Hee Hee

I began with Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white heavy base weight card stock.  I cut out the template (THIS is the site where you too can get a template for free!) and began by decorating the sides with Melanie Muenchinger's "Bring the Bling" set.  After stamping the "bling" I used my Sakura Clear Glaze Pen to add a bit of shine and dimension to the stamped images.  Next I folded all the necessary sides and used my Scor-Tape to make sure it would stick good and solid!  Then I added my own ribbon/pearls and a small rose and butterfly on the top!  Now... it's ready to...???? eat??? Not exactly, but a VERY cute gift box or even just a display at a shower or birthday!!

I gave this "slice" to Vicki Dutcher when I went to meet her last week.  We had a fun day of shopping and lunch and, of course, LOTS of chatter! :-)

Give the cake template a try... I intend to make even more!!! 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  *smile*


Signature

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome!

Jennie said...

Fab design Tina! These cake slices are so fun to make :o)

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. You did a wonderful job with this. Love the way you embellished it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...