Followers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spreading MY Wings.....

It's Friday and I'm so happy and yet... a bit nervous and scared.  Today is my last day as a full-time employee for my father's company and... I start working a few full days week at my studio!!  The funny thing is, when I made this card, I had no idea today WOULD be the day "I" spread my wings.  It's been a long time coming... my dad retiring... and I'm also excited to give it all I have to make a full-time go of my own business!!  How appropriate my card today... the cage is open and I'm ready to fly!!!  I used the new Stamp TV Kit, Springtime Silhouettes on my card today.

I used today's Color Challenge options on Stamp TV.  Here are the colors Gina gave us this week.....

My card base is Pure Luxury Black Onyx.  I layered on the Wild Lilac and then used a piece of  Creme de Menthe which I embossed with my Cuttlebug Leafy Branches folder.  The cage was stamped on white in Vivid Ink, Purple and cut out.  My flourish was stamped and cut out using my Petite Oval Nestabilities.  I used the Petite Scallop Oval Nestabilities to cut out the Black Onyx.  I sponged some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Milled Lavender before removing the Nestie. The cage was popped up using Pop Dots.

I added another piece of Wild Lilac to stamp my sentiment on and added self-adhesive silver nail heads to accent the corners. 

Be sure and enter your Color Challenge card into the Stamp TV gallery and add the tag indicated on the color sample above to be entered into a drawing for a FREE stamp set of your choice from Gina K Designs valued up to $24.95!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! *Smile*


Signature

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is awesome Tina.. Awesome design and awesome colors.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Great card, and so appropriate. Best of everything in your new adventure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...