Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A First Pin....


I LOVE seeing all the beautiful cards people create using hat pins.  Well... I've really never used them and FINALLY... I happen to give it a try.  Now I admit, it wasn't my intention to do a card with a hat pin but, after searching my studio for "other things"... I accidentally ran into a small supply of these. 

I decided to give my card to my Gina K Designs, DT colleague, Vicki Dutcher, when I went to meet her a few weeks ago while she was visiting Council Bluffs, Iowa.  AND... it was THEN Vicki informed me you could actually CUT the pin to make it shorter in length.  Well duhhhh, Tina! LOL  Oh well.. it was a first!

My card began with Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight white and I layered a piece of the NEW Gina K color, Wild Lilac on top and then a layer of  Ocean Mist on that.  Another layer of white and I stamped my image from the Stamp TV Kit, Springtime Silhouettes, in Vivid Purple ink.  I scalloped the bottom of the white later and under it I used Melanie Muenchinger's newest set, "Bring the Bling" in Vivid, Aqua.  I added a bit of some new wrinkled ribbon I finally ordered and placed my hat pin through it.  My sentiment was another SRM Sticker which I won from Carolyn King's blog candy post a few weeks back. 

So now, next time, I will KNOW the pin doesn't have to take the center stage on my card. Hee Hee  I was just thrilled to be able to use one.  And, of course, since then, I've ordered more!  Hopefully shorter. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!  *smile*


Signature

2 comments:

JaniceAileen said...

I love it, Tina! Way to go on incorporating a never used before item on your card! I love using pins. The one you used is super fancy and fun! Very nice! :)

Miesje said...

Love it! I have never used them either - um- don't have any either. Love the way that turned out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...