Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

StampTV Challenge Monday


It's sketch time over on Stamp TV!!!  Gina K has given us a  awesome sketch to try this week!! I initially thought this would be a tough one because I am sooo geometrically challenged and when I see pieces I need to divide (yes I know I can use a ruler! LOL), I get nervous! LOL  I WAS, actually, good in math but when I craft... I try not to think math and think... creative! LOL  But, honestly, it was easier than I originally thought!  Here is Gina's sketch.


My card was created using Pure Luxury Kraft as my card base.  I layered it with Red Hot and my DP is from the Basic Grey Curio paper pack.  I again used Red Hot and my scalloped oval Nestabilities.  I stamped my image on a layer of white using Versamark and heat embossed it in gold.  I then colored my image with Memento markers.  I cut my image using the oval Nestabilities and then before removing the Nestie die, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen around the image.  Next I used my Versamark again and UTEE  Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and completely coated the oval.  I did this process twice to make the UTEE smooth and glass-like.

The initial inspiration for my technique on my image was actually from a "dream" I had.  A sort of cloisonne effect on a card.  I have a close up for you below, but in real life, it looks sooo much more like cloisonne than I had originally hoped or thought it would!! 


I hope you play along with this challenge and if you're intimidated like I was... shake it off and give it a try!! You may be surprised!! Be sure to add the sketch number above and post your creation on the Stamp TV Gallery.  Good luck!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  *smile*


Signature

5 comments:

Lagene said...

Love your "cloisinne" cross!

Becky said...

This is just stunning!

Lisa said...

OMGosh Tina this is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely Stunning! I just love it!
Big Hugs!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tina, this is a lovely Easter card. The way the cross turned out is amazing!

iCreateforfun said...

Tina, beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...