Followers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Belated Cupcakes


Oh man... I am not sure I can get through this post without wanting a darn cupcake now!!! LOL  I'm going to blame, Gina K for this one!! Ha!!  Today we are sharing a new Sketch Challenge over on Stamp TV.  Here is the sketch Gina gave us to work with....


My card today was created using Melanie Muenchinger's set, "Candles on Your Cake".  (Guess I really can't blame Gina since "I" picked the set. LOL)  My card started with Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender layered with Vibrant Violet.  My white layer has been embossed with my Cuttlebug Spots and Dots embossing folder.  I used my Nestabilities Scalloped Squares and Labels 1 to cut out my Ocean Mist card stock.  I stamped the party hats in Vivid Ink in Aqua and the cupcakes were stamped on Lovely Lavender in Vivid Purple.  I colored in the base of the cupcakes with my Copic markers and on the tops, I used Liquid Applique and sprinkled some holeless glass beads on top to mimic sugar sprinkles.  All the images were popped up using Pop Dots to add more dimension to the card.

I'm telling you... in real life... the Applique is so much like real smooth frosting and I am sooooo lucky I don't have cupcakes OR a cake here!! It would definitely be in trouble!!! HA HA

I hope you give the sketch a try and upload it to the Stamp TV gallery.  Remember to add the tag to your creation.  You are not required to use Gina K Design stamps but if you do, your name will go into the drawing twice for a free stamp set valued at $24.95.  Good luck and have fun!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.  *smile*


Signature

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is adorable, Tina! Love the colors and fun images. I'm really bad about making birthday cards and then forgetting to send them and then I need a belated card. Maybe I should just make belated cards to begin with. LOL! Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...