Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stamp Journaling...

 
Today I wanted to share a bit of what I've been "playing" with in my studio.  I had purchased some Tim  Holtz Grungeboard Journals a while back and finally had some time to get back to creating something for ME with them.

I am creating pages that feature some of my favorite stamps, sentiments, etc. and adding a bit of my "favorite things" in them.  I thought I'd share the first three pages I've completed with you today.  I showed you my cover quite some time ago so here are some of the inside pages.

My first page centers around a stamp from Unity Stamp Company called, "Create Yourself".  LOVE this sentiment!!  As a card designer and crafter this speaks sooo much to me.  I used a few of the Tim Holtz sprockets on the page along with (over the little heart at the top) one of the fragments. On the tab I added some of the Grungeboad letters and flourishes. 


Next up... another personal favorite from a Gina K Designs set by Melanie Muenchinger called, "A Year of Leaves".  Butterflies always have had a special place in my heart.  So carefree and dreamy.  And I don't just love one particular butterfly more than the other.. but I DO love my colors.  My butterfly is made from more grungeboard and I applied colors of Adirondack Alcohol Ink splotches to the wings.  My body of the butterfly is made up from more tag fragments by Tim Holtz with some black DP with cherry prints on it.  :-)

I added some rhinestone flourishes to the page and a few larger rhinestones along the tab. 


This was the inside of my cover.  Again, my stamp is from Unity.  This one really talks to me because my husband, long ago when we first began dating, always told me... "Honey... you have to believe." and he was right... I so do now.  :-)  I used my Nestabilities Labels 8 and behind the sentiment I used the Lotus Pendant.  I also used Tim Holtz Distress ink, Antique Linen,  around the Labels Nestie and around the edges of my page I used the Dusty Concord.

I have a few more pages I'd like to share with you soon.  I am soooo liking this book and I know that when I'm having an off day, I can look through here and be encouraged.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  *smile*



Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...