Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Brave Girls Club - Restored my Soul!!


This year I began with not a New Year's Resolution.. but a new purpose.  I wanted to be the best I can... to learn WHO I was... to gain more self-confidence... to look at ME and see who "I" really am.  How did I do this??? Well, it was easier, more creative and more FUN than I could have imagined!!!

I joined the online class held by Melody Ross and The Brave Girls Club!!!  When this journey into "me" started, I wasn't sure WHERE to begin or how.  Melody lead us through a series of projects that, unbeknownst to me, gave me just the tools I needed to really look into my soul and learn not only WHO I am... but WHY I am the way I am.  AND, the courage and strength to realize I CAN be who I want to be and not feel as though being a mom, wife, daughter, or employee has to be ALL I am.  I can live the life I imagined and be happy and STILL be there for all those who depend on me.  I am JUST as important to ME as those who depend on me.

I'd like to share a small sample of some of those projects that helped me to see what I am... how I got there and maybe a little of where I go to make sure I am the best I can be.



Our first project was to create a journal of our "house"... in other words, our soul.  This is a place I can go back to and remind myself what I need to do and practice to get me through all facets of my life. I LOVE flipping through this book... remembering that I CAN take time out for me and take time to reflect on the things that frustrate me, challenge me, make me doubt myself, and also see those things that I can do to change my way of thinking and remind me what I need to do to take care of me.

Here is a sample page from my journal....



To help me remember what the TRUTH is about me... we made "truth cards".  I LOVE these cards.  They talk to ME and are daily motivation to myself.  This one I have up where I can read it at my studio.

(Hee Hee.. that is a REAL pic of me when I was little and one where I appear to be happy and loved even though I don't remember the picture being taken.)

I never felt like I remembered much about my childhood and when we created our "timeline"... I was shocked to realize all I really DID remember.  And, I even found a few "ah ha!" moments as to why I am the way I am at times.  This was part of my time line.


I cannot begin to tell you how much I learned about myself.  How much encouragement, support and hope this class gave me.  I am NOT saying I had a terrible life before taking this class.  But I will say this... it has changed my outlook on so many things.  I KNOW I can be happy no matter the situation in my life at the moment.  I am brave... I am strong... I am VERY happy... and it's ok to feel lost at times.  It's ok to be confused and feel as though the weight of the world is on my shoulders because NOW I know how to deal with it.  How to remind myself that "tomorrow is a new day and I can start all over again".  I also know that I am NOT the only woman to feel overwhelmed, lost or afraid.  I CAN handle everything that comes my way and I know that when I listen to my "truth teller" I have all I need to succeed and be the best I can for not only everyone around me... but for ME as well.  :-)

I cannot wait to join the Soul Restoration 2 class to see what other encouraging advice Melody and The Brave Girls Club has to share with us.  I can never learn enough to help me be a better me.  

I would recommend this course to anyone who wonders... am I good enough?... am I strong enough?... how did I get here?... what makes me tick?... and what can "I" do to make sure I am living my best life possible?  

You will NOT regret being a "Brave Girl"!!!  I am blessed beyond words and I cannot say enough about Melody Ross and her team of Brave Girls!  Thank you Melody for believing in yourself enough to share your lessons, experiences, dreams and life with all of us! 

To learn more about The Brave Girls Club and Soul Restoration, visit the Brave Girls Site HERE.  Below... just a little about what the Brave Girls Club and Soul Restoration are.

Have a great day and keep smiling!!!  *HUGS*


Q. What is the purpose or the intended outcome of this workshop? 
A: If you know anything about Brave Girl Camp, you know that the workshops developed and artfully taught by Melody Ross are truly life changing. Her heart-penetrating curriculum is unlike anything you have seen before, and she presents it in true ‘Melody’ style….fun, enjoyable, meaningful, and extremely relatable. She combines her own stories and life experiences with ‘soul crafting’ (creative art projects, collage, journaling, etc.) to teach women from all over the world how to get unstuck, back on track, and restored to their best self.
Soul Restoration is this curriculum and more…. What we intend to provide in this workshop is an effective and enjoyable process of getting every woman to really really think and hear her own soul again…to help her remember what brings her the most joy, to know of & remember all of the things that she is good at and that make her heart sing…to get back on track and to unleash the courage and motivation to stay on track….to reunite with her soul.
This workshop is a method of helping each woman become reacquainted with her deepest self through remembering and reuniting her with her inner ‘Truth-Teller’. She will be helped to discern truth from lies that hold her back and make her feel less than who she is…to remember her dreams, her potential, her gifts and talents, all the possibilities and unique answers for her life (because it is different for each of us). This curriculum is intended to enable each woman to find and then keep the bravery it needs to stay joyfully true to her own path.
Because it will take bravery to guide her life by the truths that she has found and remembered, and to put aside voices that are confusing, judgmental, and opinionated, this curriculum is intended to continue beyond the 6 weeks that we are together, giving each woman a set of skills and beautiful tools that will carry her throughout her life.


Signature

6 comments:

Melanie said...

your creation is beautiful, I'm so glad you got everything out of the class you hoped for! :)

Carolyn King said...

You go--Brave Girl! Love all the beautiful projects you created and more importantly...the joy and empowerment you got from the class! Hope you win the next one!!! hugs-C

Vicki Dutcher said...

I "liked" your post - good luck with winning! Glad you explained to me first and I am happy for you and finding you! Lunch and shopping was a blast!! Thanks again GF - nice to finally officially know you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you lead me to the BG site...and to the SR class. I'm more thankful than you could ever know! Looking forward to working through SR2 with you too!! xoxo

Carisa said...

this is AWESOME, ty for sharing a bit of your projects and time in the class. i'm very excited to take this class and look forward to all that i'm going to learn about myself!

Glamour said...

Beautiful!

Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...