Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Labels Sympathy

I had to laugh at myself today because in going through my cards and blog entries I realized that I had posted the SAME card created with Gina K's, "Framed Greetings" TWICE in a matter of 7 days on my blog!! HA!!!  What I KNOW I intended to do was put THIS card up and the other on different days!  Well... apparently my brain was at a loss for what I HAD done! Hee Hee

Ok.. so... on with the RIGHT card!  :-)

I started my card with Pure Luxury Red Hot card stock.  I used my Scor Buddy to make the card a "gate-fold" design.  LOVE that the Scor Buddy has the markings for this! I hate doing "school duty" (math) when I'm creating.  :-)  I added some DP from the Basic Grey Curio collection to both panels.  My image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on white card stock and colored it in with my Copic markers. I used my Nestabilities Labels 16 to cut out the image and used Pop Dots to the left side adding some depth to my card.  I also sponged around the edges of with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose.  Lastly I added some  flowers to the corner.

On the inside I used the Basic Grey paper again and a border punch to add to the inside edges.  I used Nina Brackett's, "Christ Has Risen" banner to put my sentiment on and again used the Tattered Rose ink to add color to the white card stock I originally stamped it on.

I love how this card turned out and I am glad I went with the Red Hot because even though it's a sympathy card, I think that it is bright and cheery and hopefully will be something to add a bit of a happy place on such an occasion.

Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow for the new Sketch Challenge on Stamp TV!  *smile*


Signature

2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Beautiful gate-fold, Tina!

Newbie said...

Tina, you did a beautiful job on this card! Love the flowers and the and the RED! And thanks for showing the inside!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...