Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Singing MY Song...


Guess what I'm doing again today??? I'm stamping!!! With what you say???? Wellllllll with NEW RUBBER IN THE STUDIO!!! You know what's coming up this week, right??? Of course you do!! Gina K Designs' May Release!!! Oh yay!!!  So, today, I am sharing some art I created! 

I'm sure many of you have heard of Christy Tomlinson's "She Art" classes.  Well.... I didn't get to take the class, but.... I've been watching everyone who I took the Brave Girls Club "Soul Restoration" class with and those that DID take the "She Art" class are making some FABULOUS pieces of art!  I gathered bits of information on how they were doing it in our Facebook chat room and wow... I KNEW I'd have to give it a try!!  I don't know all the details on how the "She Art" is created but... I just decided to "go for it"!

My piece today was made on a canvas frame.  I pretty much used Mod Podge and whatever pieces of DP, music sheets, etc., I had on hand to create a sort of collage background that I liked.  I traced around a chip board bird I had onto some DP I really liked and drew myself a wing to add to it and a tree limb to perch him on.  I used lots of ephemera like... pearl flourishes and a few Prima flowers and flower centers.

My words were hand written because well... it is MY own song, right?  :-)  I added some rub ons and even some tissue paper.  And surprisingly to me... I even added a few stickers!!! YIKES!!! I haven't used stickers in years... way back when I first started scrapbooking!! 

I really like how my canvas came out and I made this just for me.  :-)  I did make a few others for Mother's Day gifts and I will share those with you at another time. 

I just started taking Christy Tomlinson's class, "She Had 3 Hearts" yesterday and I cannot wait to work with some of the mediums she is teaching us to journal with.  I am really loving that I am expanding my crafting abilities and even doing some free-handed sketches when I have a moment. 

I hope you never quit trying new things and spreading your wings.  Who knows YOU COULD be the next Christy or Melody Ross!!  I certainly am having a great time learning!! 

Thank for stopping by and have a great day!  Oh!!! And don't forget... the Gina K Designs Release Party is this Thursday, May 26th over at Stamp TV, 7:00 PM CST - 9:00 PM CST!!! Hope to see you there!  *smile*


Signature

1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Fabulous! Wow- you are just amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...