Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scrap a Card!!

Do you save your scraps??? Do you see a piece like this pink one and think... "Ohhhh now THAT would look nice on the front of my card!" ???? Well, do you??? Today, I want to show you how my off-centered hole on a scrap piece made my card complete and what's better... no one would EVER know it was there!!!


Simple!!  Add a piece of card stock over the top!!!  Use the top and bottom as the borders... no one can see the "half circle" that was also punched out of that pink piece of card stock.  And now.... my finished card....

My card began with Pure Luxury Bubblegum card stock.  I added the layer of White and some DP I found in my stash.  THEN... that "holy" piece!  Another piece of the white and "presto chango" no one even knows!!! I stamped my flowers from the "Garden Silhouette's" set using the "kissing technique" with the "Timeless Textures" stamps.  I added my self-adhesive rhinestones to the center of each flower using my Copics to color them to coordinate.  I added my ribbon and the sentiment at the bottom along with a couple rows of rhinestones to the corners.  Done!  And..... nope.... that circle and a half on the Bubblegum Pink doesn't even come into play on the card! 

Next time you look at your scrap pile, grab something that you wouldn't even consider using on a card and try your hand at "camouflaging" it.  You'd be surprised what you can come up with.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!! *smile*



Signature

1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Definitely love this one, Tina! Awesome colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...