Followers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

For My Soul Friend....


Today I'd like to share a card I made for my dear friend, Kathy Corbett.  Kathy and I took the Brave Girls Club Soul Restoration Class together in January.  We had such a great time going through the process together and when we found our there was a Part 2 to this class, we both immediately wanted to sign up.

Brave Girls Club had a contest in which they were giving away two FREE Soul Restoration Part 2 classes away!  Though I tried to win it, I didn't.  But.... my dear friend, Kathy did!!!  Without giving it much thought after the contest, she had come to my studio with a few friends one day and proceeded to give me a certificate that GAVE ME one of the free classes she won!!!! EEEEEEEKKK!!!! I was sooooooo happy and soooooooo surprised!!! I think I read it three times before it hit me that it said Soul Restoration Part 2!!!!  I missed the whole 2 thing!!!  I was confused but when it finally set in my brain, I was in shock!  So, this was a thank you card for my dear friend who I again will be taking another wonderful journey with!! Thank you soooo much, Kathy, again!

My card today uses Gina K Designs' Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart then layered on some Sweet Corn.  I added some DP I found in  my stash that had some pretty yellow flowers in the corner and another piece that coordinated with the Cranberry Tart.  Then I added another piece of the Sweet Corn in the middle of the card after I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirl embossing folder.

I ran two pieces of lace down each side the embossed Sweet Corn.  My bird image came from the Stamp TV Kit, "Springtime Silhouettes"... STILL a HUGE favorite of mine!!!  I gave it some depth by adding it with Pop Dots.  I also added a flourish of self-adhesive pearls to the tail end of the bird.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!! *smile*


Signature

1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tina- how exciting and I am so happy for you! This Thank you card is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...