Followers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Following Her Dreams...

Hi everyone!! Today I wanted to share a card I made for my niece who is in college studying fashion design but this summer... she is "following her dream".  She will be heading to LA to spend the summer learning even MORE about fashion design.  Even though she attends Iowa State University (which is only about an hour away from us), I rarely get a chance to see her, even when she's home for the weekend, but NOW, with her in California... I KNOW I won't see her at all during the summer!!! Boo Hoo...  :-(  I have been very close to my sister's two girls and with one living in NY and now the younger one heading to LA for the summer, I really really miss them!!!  I will say this though, I LOVE that we have the technology to talk to each other by phone or text messages.  :-)

My card today uses two of my favorite sets.  Melanie Muenchinger's, "Branching Out", and Theresa Momber's, "Follow Your Dreams".

I started with a Pure Luxury Black Onyx card stock.  I layered on some White and then a wonderful DP print I found in my stash.  I added a strip of White card stock which I stamped the border branches with in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I added the sentiment to the right in Vivid Aqua.  I LOVE the contrast of the black, white and Aqua.  :-)   I added my ribbon to the right topped it off with a yummy sparkly button!

I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!! *smile*



Signature

2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Stunning- love that bow too!

Unknown said...

Such an elegant card, Tina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...