Followers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wreath of Gold


Hi friends!!!  Today I wanted to share a card with you that I made for my dear friend.  I recently helped her move and was thinking I wanted something "warm" and yet something that wasn't to Christmas looking nor to Thanksgiving to send her a little blessing... know what I mean??

I decided to use Gina K's "Winter Wonderland Stamp TV Kit" and heat emboss the wreath.  I LOVE the warmth that the gold and wine color give to each other.  My base card is Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight "Wine with Everything" layered with the fabulous "Good as Gold" metallic card stock.  That awesome DP is also from the New Stamp TV Kit!!1 Isn't is perfect?!!  It has a bit of a gloss to it and I just love it!!!

I used my Circle Nestabilities to layer with the Scallop Circle Nestabilities and raised it all up with a few pop dots. A gold ribbon I found in my stash and a branch punch with a few crystal gems which I colored with my Copics added just what I wanted to this simple but "warm" card. 



On the inside I simply used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Antique Linen, to add to the white card stock and a simple strip of the DP and my gold metallic ribbon.  I really like how this all came together and was completely shocked when two MEN told me how nice a card it was.  (Occupants in the building My Studio is in.) 

I can see this being a non-traditional Christmas card as well with many different sentiments. 

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!!! *smile*

Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...