Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

CSS Color Challenge Hop

Tonight the Gina K's CSS team is hopping again!!!  Tonight we are sharing a color challenge!  If you came here from Tera Fujan's blog, you are on track!!! If you'd like to begin the hop from the start... head over to Carla Suto's blog to see everyone's fabulous designs!

Blog Hop Details:

Create a card or project using the following color combo:
  • White or Ivory
  • Brown
  • Light Blue (Little Boy Blue, Ocean Mist, or Turquoise Sea)
  • Yellow (Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, or Wild Dandelion)
Here is my card....

I used Melanie Muenchinger's, "Gifts from the Sea" and colored my images with my Copic markers.  I cut the blue shell out and popped it up with pop dots. 

I started with Gina K's Pure Luxury card stock in Kraft.  I layered that with Lemon Drop and then added my Little Boy Blue. My image was stamped on white and  I used my Deckled Edge Rectangle Nestabilitie leaving it on to add a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen to the inside frame.  My Lemon Drop and Little Boy Blue was distressed and tilted a bit.  I distressed the edges of my Kraft card stock also with the Antique Linen.

A simple hemp cording also set a bit wonky to finish my card. 

You next stop on the hop will be to head over to the Stamp TV Forum to add YOUR design to share with us! :-)  We'd love to see what you do with the fabulous colors.

Have a great day and thanks for hopping with us!! *smile*

Signature

25 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Tina! Love the colors you chose and the distressing!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love the images you used. The colors make your card so beachy!

Jennie said...

Very nice design Tina! Love the distressing and the sponging you did. Great job on the color challenge :o)

Joan Ervin said...

This is one of my favorite GKD sets, Tina...you have showcased the shells beautifully!!!! Love the distressing and use of the twine, too!!!

Cheri said...

WOW....I love this!!!! Perfect stamp set with this color comb GF.....great design too. I love it.

JaniceAileen said...

Love the offset design on this, Tina! Very nice job!

Melissa said...

You rocked the challenge Tina! I also love this set. It really is perfect with the colors from the challenge.

Giovana said...

The distressing is fantastic Tina! Beautiful card.

Carolina said...

Ahhh...just darlin' in every way! Love how you used the colors and the distressing with the shell images is just the perfect touch!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Great card! Love the images you chose for these colors.

Miesje said...

Lovein this Tina! Great stamp choice for the colors! I love the sketch layout too.

Lori said...

Beautiful card Tina!u

Sharri said...

Tina, beautiful card! I love the design, sponging and distressing! Great job on the challenge GF!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card - wonderful distressing~

stampqueen said...

Beautiful seashells!!!! Beautiful card!!!

joy said...

Great card, love the distressing and how you have popped up the blue shell.

Kay S said...

Pretty card, Tina! Makes me want to go to the beach! I love how you put the elements at slight angles - very nice!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Tina, I love what you have done with Melanie's set! That distressing is just so perfect for the images, makes me want to go to the beach somewhere warm.

Carolyn King said...

beautiful Tina! love the "wonky" placement of the hemp!!! giggle!

Paper Bagley said...

This is nice, I live my the ocean and always lookin at something new. Thanks

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautiful card. Love the beach design. It feels like you are right there.
Marcie

Melanie said...

beautiful card, Tina! :)

Nana Donna said...

What a beautiful card. Love that stamp set.

Jessica said...

Just gorgeous! You've used the challenge colors very well. I like the distressed/inked edges. Thanks for sharing, and congrats again.

Pat Jandacek said...

Beautiful response to the challenge! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...