Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Striped Inspiration


I totally LOVE hot air balloons!!!  I live in Des Moines, Iowa, but I am in Warren County which means I am closer to Indianola, Iowa, where they have the annual International Hot Air Balloon Classics.  They even have a museum celebrating this event.  Every summer we see hundreds and hundreds of balloons flying over our home.  It is just an awesome site!  You can get up on most any given morning and see at least one hot air balloon in the sky all summer long.  I love it!  Now my dog... that's another story! LOL  Sometimes they fly pretty low and last year we had one look as though it was going to land in the back yard.  In fact, you could hear the exhaust from the flames as the operator opened and closed it and the dog was going nuts!!! LOL  

Gina K's hot hair balloons from the Stamp TV Kit, "Eclectic Summer" seemed perfect to use for the Inspiration Challenge that Brenda posted last week on Stamp TV.  You can see Brenda's beautiful picture HERE.  I colored them with my Copic markers and instead of just masking them, I cut each balloon out and mounted it to my Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight card stock base.  The balloon in the middle was popped up even more with some Pop Dots (have you ever used these??? They are my FAVORITE pop dots ever!!!  The paper is sooo easy to remove from them.).

I added some cute little flowers from Melanie Muenchinger's, "Little Tees" to accent the bottom of the card. 

If you notice in the picture for Brenda's inspiration there is an area of all hot pink.  I tried to somewhat mimic this with the hot pink scallop oval punch under my punched white.  I look at this and see a cloud with a pink lining behind it... but then when I look again... my mind can see what COULD be a punched out area with a hot pink background inside.  Which isn't the case, but I love the illusion on both ends. 

Have a great day and if you have time... stop over to Stamp TV and play along with all the challenges.  You could win a free stamp set!! *smile*


Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...