Followers

Friday, December 18, 2009

"Puttin on the Ritz...."

I LOVE the Deckled Brockway Stationery paper Patricia has at the Paper Temptress!!! It’s soooooo rich looking and elegant. When I see it I am reminded of the old movies and how they always portrayed the “rich” world. And… true to it’s description, it would make a gorgeous wedding invitation. The top border stamp is from Nina Brackett's, "Vintage Borders" and the sentiment is from Rupa Shevde's, "With this Ring".

I decided to make an anniversary/wedding type card with it today. But… I wanted to add more “elegance” to it so I gold embossed all of my front and used a layer of the Elegant Laid Recycled Natural White. I tore the edge to match my base AND… layered it up on top of a piece of Gold Premium Glossy.

On the inside I used the same Gold and embossed the edge then laid a piece of Heavy Weight Clear Vellum on it. I decided to forego the gold embossing here and just used my black ink but, I did add a strip of ribbon the top which I just felt belonged. Ha!My inside sentiment is also from Rupa's set.

Have a great day!! *smile*

Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...