Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For Him... For Her...

Today my card was made using Gina K's Technique Challenge on StampTV. We were to make a card with a matching envelope. Excuse me.. I mean an envelope we MADE as well!! *smile* I used Melanie Muenchinger's, "Tech Talk" set because it was only fitting. I made this for my hubby and well... as strange as it sounds... we met online... 11 years ago. Yep... somehow we became friends long before we met and well... the rest is history. I used Gina's newest Pure Luxury paper, Creme de Menthe and my DP was from the "Lime Rickey" paper pack. I'm not sure where I found the DP for my envelope, but anything green would be fine with my DH and it went well with the Pure Luxury card stock. I colored in my laptop with Koh-i-Noor pencils and blended with mineral spirits and my blending stumps. Now for a small treat... for me AND my daughter. I was preparing to go to my shop this weekend and on Sunday she came to me and said she had made ME a card. So I finished drying my hair and went in to the family room where she waited for me to open it. I was TOTALLY surprised by her bow tying!!! It looked fantastic for only being an 8 year old. I went to open it and realized... "she must be watching me..." for she had taken the ribbon and wrapped it completely around the card (I don't do THAT part)... AND... glued it to the back so it wouldn't fall off (that I do on occasion)!!! Note: I did make her retie it for me because she did such a great job of it. Looks pretty good, huh? Then as I looked closer... I had to laugh (no I didn't let her know!)... she didn't quite have enough ribbon to tie her bow. So.. what's the next best thing??? She glued extensions on it. HA HA HA! See them?? *smile* I thought it was so cute and very original. I just had to share it with you. Perhaps there IS another "crafter" in the house, huh? Have a great day! *smile* Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...