Followers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby's First...

Have you missed me??? I missed you!! Sorry I didn't get any blogging done this weekend but the blizzard put a damper on lots of things I needed to get done and with Christmas only 11 days away... eeeek... I didn't get much time online to get anything posted. Today I am sharing a tag I did for a baby's first.. I love babies at Christmas. My Emily was born Nov. 20th and we had MORE than our fair share of pink everywhere at Christmas her first year. My tag uses Asela Hopkins, "First Christmas". The bear, the bulb and the sentiment are in that set. This bear is sooooo adaptable for Christmas though... it doesn't need to be a Santa hat, it can be a cute night cap as well. It's hard to see in this pic, but I used a very shimmery, swirly paper from the Paper Temptress for the bulb. I colored it in first with my pink Copic and then stamped the image twice... once in pink and then in the black. In fact, I colored a large area on the paper first before even stamping the ornament. This paper is perfect when you need to add shimmer and texture to an item. If you look closely, you can see I stamped a "border" piece from Nina Brackett's, "Vintage Borders" to appear as though the bear is sitting on a decorative shelf of sorts. I used my MS branch punch and learned something new. The paper (though you can't tell here) is a textured look paper from Stamp TV's Freebie's, "The Great Outdoors". Well, since it's digi paper, once you print it... the backside, of course, is white. I punched the branch out twice and turned it over so that I could use the white side... thereby making it appear to have snow on the branch. Clever, no??? I apologize for not being here a few days, but you'll be happy to know my goal for 2010 is to be at LEAST one week ahead of posts so that I don't have miss days when it gets crazy busy like it does EVERY Christmas. I always laugh at people who are running around the last minute trying to get shopping, etc. done when, you know.. it comes the same day... every year. Hee Hee Have a great day and stay warm, wherever you are! *smile* Signature

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

Thought maybe you were snowed in.....Glad u back, and yes you were missed! I love this! that little bear is to die for, love you bow too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...