Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Sky is Falling!!!!



Do you remember Chicken Little?? OMGosh... how scared was he.. he ran and ran all over to gather his friends and tell them the "sky was falling!". Poor little thing!

Seems I never got tired of this little chicken being fooled by an acorn into believing such craziness.  I remember laughing thinking how funny that silly chicken was. But you know what?? I can relate... I did some pretty silly things myself when I was younger. LOL 

If you haven't stopped over to Gina K's blog you need to go see the most darling photos of her girls as toddlers enjoying reading time with their daddy. AND... check out the card that was inspired by those photos. Then you'll want to look through the Design Team blogs for more childhood inspiration.

Gina is challenging you to make a card based on a favorite childhood book. You COULD win a spot as the next Design Team member for the next month and receive ALL the new stamps releasing soon. You HAVE to at least give it a try!!!

The requirements are:



  • Challenge: Choose your favorite children's book and make a project inspired by the book. Include a photo of book along with why you chose it and how it inspired your project.
  • Requirement: use any of our March Release stamp sets: Friends, A Beautiful Life, By Your Side, Fairy Tales, Happy Spring, Nana's Needlework, Nana's Needlework Sentiments, Sending Sunshine, Spring Mix, Spring Has Sprung
  • Post: Post your card here in the gallery at StampTV using the keyword-APRILBOOK (Since my blog is not working tonight, we will not be using a Mister Linky.) Please put you blog link in your photo notes so we can read all about why you chose that book.
  • Deadline: Monday, April 12th at 8 pm central time
  • Prize: The winner will become our CenterStage Spotlight Designer for April (the winner will receive the entire April release!, participate in our previews, release party and next month's DT search challenge!)

My card today is a bit of an update to poor Chicken Little.  I gave him a map to easily find his friends and... just incase that acorn turns to rain... he can travel in his awesome designer umbrella!! LOL  This is going to be one FUN challenge hopping from blog to blog and reading everyone's stories.

I used the adorable "chicken"/duck from Rupa Shevde's set, "Spring Has Sprung" and colored him in with my Copic markers.  I paper pieced his umbrella and mounted him on the Blossom Nestabilitie and a large circle Nestabilitie.  I wanted to use all the colors in the map for his ribbon so I mounted three different ribbons around my card stock.

My little puff sticker "Follow Your Heart" was from a pack of "goodies" the wonderful Carolyn King sent to me a while back. *smile* Psssst.... I KNOW he's really a duck... but he reminded me of Chicken Little. Hee Hee

Once you start making these wonderful "childhood memory" cards, you will be amazed what thoughts come to mind to help you keep on going. I have a couple more I'll share tomorrow.

Have fun and enjoy the Stamp TV Gallery which I'm sure will be full of childhood book inspiration cards.  *smile*


Signature

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Wow tina, great take on Chicken Little ... gorgeous card.

Lori said...

Very cute! The map bg is a wonderful addition!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...