Followers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Love You Sewwwww......


Today I did another, I think, clean and simple card.  I am trying to keep with Gina K's challenge to send out 3-4 cards a month for no reason at all... just to make someones day.  *smile*

I used two sets by Nina Brackett, "Nana's Needlework" and "Nana's Needlework Sentiments".  I just LOVE these sets!!! My mom is such a seamstress.  Knitting, doilies, quilts... she's done it all.  In fact, do you remember back when tuxedo had those big ruffled front shirts??? LOL  Well.. my mom made one AND the  TUXEDO years ago. HA!  I am constantly amazed at her work.  So, this set seemed perfect to send her a message that even though she's a whole 8 minute drive away, and I see her very often... I still want to take time to make sure she knows how much I love her.

Very simply, I stamped my images and colored the buttons with my Copic markers.  When I was finished coloring them... I coated them with my Sakura Clear Gel Pen just to give them a bit of shine.  I did two lines of embossing with my Scor-Pal and then bordered that with ribbon.  Did a small amount of piercing in the corners and Wah Lah... done!

I hope she likes it.  In fact, I know she will.  She is so super supportive of my card making and I am so blessed to have a mom like her.

Have a good day and if you have a little extra time... send someone you know a love note.  Or... leave Post-It Notes all over the house like I use to do for my DH to find when he arrived home after I'd gone to work. *smile*

Signature

2 comments:

Miesje said...

Very nice Tina! I try to send out cards regularly too! My mother and dad live close by too. They are in their 80s and are amazing. I am so lucky to still have them around along with my in-laws who are en their upper 80s. Love them all dearly and they LOVE getting my cards! Love your work - all of them!

Lori said...

Love this CAS card! It will make some smiles for sure!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...