Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Apple, a Peach and Cammie's Flowers...


I FINALLY got my new Magnolia stamps from the Magnolia Club that I joined oh so long ago!! I was soooo excited to get them!!!

I am sure there were many sites that had them available for "pre-order" and while I knew I would be getting mine before everyone else, I didn't take the time to either read about them,or to really look a what they might be!!  Silly, huh?? Wellllll... one thing I found out AFTER I stamped this cute little Maggie and colored her in, was the fact that she is actually holding an APPLE!!! LOL

I don't know about you, but I rarely see perfectly round apples!! LOL  So... I colored her holding a peach!  I used my Copics did a pretty simple card layout.

One reason for my not adding to much to my card was because I HAD to try and create those wonderful flowers that Carolyn King showed on her blog.  I could not believe how EASY these were!!  And with just one roll of streamers, you can easily make THOUSANDS of these adorable flowers.  I used my Copics to add just a touch of color the edges of the peach colored flower and for the yellow flower I completely colored my streamer.  I waited until after I did all the cutting and scrunching before adding the color.  This way I didn't have to worry about the paper becoming to wet and tearing before I got it layered and scrunched.  For my leaves, I simply cut out the leaves created from my Cuttlebug Leafy Branch embossing folder.  Head over to Carolyn's blog and check out her tutorial.  I can't wait to make more!! 

Have a great day! *smile*


Signature

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Tina! LoL! Great card, I love your peach! I also just received my set after much waiting and waiting! I colored mine with Copics to match Snow White and she came out darling!
I love your blog and look forward to your daily updates!
Hugs,
Lisa

Carolyn King said...

I LIKE the peach! She is adorable. GREAT job and spectacular job on those flowers. LOVE how you colored them. Gorgeous girl!
xo

Lori said...

I love the peach!!! Great "Cammie" flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...