Followers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Yep, I Stole It!

Before I tell you what I "stole", let me tell you about this card. I LOVE having cards on hand that have no sentiment on the front and are of a "generic" design. My daughter came home one night from school and BEFORE heading to bed that evening, said to me... "Mom, tomorrow is Mrs. E.J.'s birthday!!! I need to give her a card!" Well... I'll say it again.. I LOVE having cards on hand with no sentiments!! Gotcha covered, baby girl!!! I handed her the card and she wrote her birthday message on the inside and WAH LA... Mrs. E. J. has a birthday card!!! Now... about the card. I DID have a card on hand.... but it wasn't finished!! I had truly intended to put a butterfly on the front, but as it turned out... I didn't have time to finish coloring it and adding to the front. Soooo... I STOLE the butterfly from another card I made which colors fit this card. Remember THIS post??? Hee Hee Yep... same butterfly!! Honestly, I don't do this often... in fact... hardly EVER. But I must say.. it sure was fun posting a message board on Stamp TV and finding out how many OTHERS have done this. LOL I mean... uhhhh... of course we don't!!!! *grin* My card was done using my Houndstooth Cuttlebug embossing folder which is just a perfect background for Nina Bracket's , "Lovely Labels". OMGosh I find it so hard not to grab this set for almost every card. She certainly thought this thru when she made them to fit perfectly with the Nestabilities!!! Kudos, Nina!! Of course... you can't help but top it all off with a perfect bow using that awesome Bow Easy tool!!! You really must have this in your stamping bag!! Have a great day and please remember... I am not a thief! LOL *smile* Signature

2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Oh my, my, my - what a great idea to steal from yourself. I'd be afraid of wrecking something though because sometimes I put way toooooo much adhesive on - guess that's the risk I'll have to take. I love not putting sentiments on cards for exactly the reason you experienced. Have a great weekend....love the card by the way!

Carolyn King said...

still gorgeous you theif!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...