Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vicki Dutcher's Sketch Challenge

I am sooooooo loving this sketch challenge that Vicki Duchter posted on Stamp TV last week!! It was easy, different and so much fun to do!! Stamp TV has so many challenges and ideas to help keep your mojo flowing that I cannot image where my inspiration would come from if I wasn't a part of this wonderful community!! Not to mention the over 10,000(!!!!!) members who post their work daily that I get to draw inspiration from!!! On this challenge card I used Theresa Momber's, "Hang In There" set which included this cute cute little raccoon!! I turned him horizontally because I wanted to use the "I miss you" sentiment thinking that he looked sorta sad. :-( Now "I" can totally see this poor little creature laying on a log like he just doesn't have the will to climb. Hee Hee I colored my image with Copic markers and mounted him on my oval Nestabilities. I HAVE to share my button find with you!! I LOVE that these buttons remind me of tree bark! Don't ya think???? Well... one day I was at my shop and attempting to do a "vintage" card when I decided I wanted to add a button. Needless to say... I had none. So I phoned my mom who lives near my shop and asked if she had any of my Grandmother's old buttons that I use to use as a kid when I visited her (she taught me to sew them onto a scrap piece of material every time I went over). Sure enough...she did!!! She said she not only had HER mom's buttons, but that she had gotten all the buttons from my father's mom as well!!!! WooHoo!!!! SCORE!!! I ran right over and WOW the buttons we went thru!!! I had so much fun and I must admit... I definitely NEED to get better at vintage cards because NOW I have a ton of buttons to use with them!! :-) I hope you have a great day and if you ever feel you're stuck and need to find inspiration, hop on over to Stamp TV. If you're not a member... we'd LOVE to have you and if you are... I KNOW you won't be mojoless long. Hee Hee *smile* Signature

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Fabulous cared Tina!!! I love the way you have the raccoon laying on the log. I have a blog award for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, I love this card and about the buttons! I have some of my grandmas but not too many. I wish my mom would have saved more of hers. Oh well.... Anyway, I gotta ask - where is the argyle paper from? Everything just really clicks with this card and the buttons just make it that much cooler! Thanks so much for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...