Followers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Tom's Tree Frog

If you have followed my blog for long, you know I frequently mention my dear dear friend, Bette, who passed away almost two years ago. Bette was a HUGE lover of frogs/toads. So Theresa Momber's newest set, "Hang in There", just made me sooooooo happy!!! I couldn't wait to stamp this wonderful frog. Fortunately, for me, Bette's husband, Tom, has done very well at keeping me posted on how is doing and writes now and then. Sometimes I cannot be thankful enough for the Internet. A week or so ago Tom sent me a beautifully done "newsletter" of sorts about he and his family. Things they have done and shared over the last year. So I am sending Tom my first frog thank you card. I know he will love it. I colored my frog with Copics and applied a little spray brushing around him. I decided to go with some blue in my card and wanted DP that had both blue AND green. Well... I couldn't find any I liked well enough so I stamped my own! The patterned paper was as is with blues and browns. But... I took the leaves from Theresa's set and added my own green to it! Cool huh... blue AND green DP, just liked I wanted!! My blue bottom layer of paper is from the Paper Temptress and is the Blueberry Colored Brown Bag Kraft paper. I have to tell you... initially I took this paper and threw a few shots of bleach on it. I was hoping to achieve a "water drop" look. But you know what??? It did NOTHING to this color!! Would not bleach out! Nice to know, huh??? So, not wanting to give up on some type of "distressed" look. I took the corner edge of a sanding block and scrubbed down the paper a few times making the lines and thus the brown kraft showing thru. This worked wonderfully. Here's a shot of the inside of my card so that you can see that blue/brown DP before and after I stamped the leaves on it! Have a great day and "hang in there". *smile* Signature

1 comment:

Betty Benton said...

I love how you stamped the green on your dp! And the distressed blue is really pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...