Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Monday Color Challenge Time!!!

Once again...it's time to challenge yourself with new colors!!!  Hope over to Stamp TV and enter your card using for the Color Challenge using RED, KRAFT and IVORY and YOU could win any stamp set valued at $24.95 or less from Gina K Designs!! 

I could not resist using Melanie Muenchinger's newest set, "A Beautiful Life" again.  This has so many possibilities from frames to wonderfully colored or NOT colored cards!  I just keep trying something new and I find I like it more and more!!

For my card today I paper pieced most of it.  I used a Kraft base and stamped my image in red onto Ivory Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight card stock and once onto my DP then one last time on Kraft. I began with cutting the Ivory piece down to fit over my red card stock layer.  Then... I colored my tulips with my Copic markers.

Once the coloring was done.. I started by taking my stamped Kraft piece and just cutting out the middle and adhering it to the stamped Ivory layer.  Then... I did the same with my red DP.  I stamped my sentiment in red and also used the butterfly from Melanie's set and stamped it onto another piece of ivory... twice.  I layered my butterfly this way allowing the top layer to be folded up making the butterfly dimensional.

Remember... you have until Sunday, April 4th, at 8:00 PM CST to post your sample using these colors.  Good luck and happy stamping!

*smile* 


Signature

3 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

OK, OK, OK... enough already, This is going in my cart SOON!!!! GREAT CARDS you have been making, I see why you love this set!!! :)

Kay S said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors, the coloring on the tulips and the paper piecing. I don't think I have the patience to do that much cutting and piecing! Sure is pretty that way!

Donna Baker said...

this card is BEAUTIFUL!! great color combo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...