Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rustic Day...

Feeling kinda rustic??? I was... or was that rusty??? LOL Either way... I decided to "get down to earth". I created my card using Asela Hopkins, "Fruitful Harvest" from Gina K Designs. I had been putting purchasing this set off for soooo long. I was so afraid to try to color the fruit. I just didn't think I could get them to look anything like REAL fruit. LOL And, if this pear doesn't look right to you... well... all I can say is... it's ripe! LOL I used Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Weight Kraft paper for my base. For the layer, I used Paper Temptress' Colored Brown Bag Kraft in Olive. I took the colored kraft and wrinkled it up in my hands until I had just the right amount of creases and wrinkles in it. Then I smoothed it out and ran my sanding block over it to bring out the brown underside and make it appear even more worn. I used my distressing tool to rough up the edges as well. My images were colored with my Copic markers and I used my Nestabilities Deckled Rectangles to emboss and also used it as a stencil to add some sponged Vivid Ink, Tuscan Tan, to create a bit of color around my image. A bit of twine wrapped around the card and there ya have it. Something I'd expect to find at a "pear" orchard... dontcha think?? *smile* I also wanted to mention that the Colored Brown Kraft paper has color on one side and the usual brown bag color on the other. It also comes in five colors!! This is just wonderful for needing a bit of underside showing as well or to add dimension to your card by roughing it up like I did here. On the inside of my card, I used another paper from the Paper Temptress. The Striped Vellum called Sandy Stripes. I wanted this paper to0 look a bit worn as well and since it's hard to use a distressing tool on it without actually cutting it or making slits in it.. I sprayed it with a mist of water after I added a few splotches of ink on it. Not much... just enough to make it look a little worn. (I hope.. hee hee.) I couldn't quite get a good picture of this but in real life... the sentiment is clear and not blurry. Have a great day and if you feel you can't do something well enough... remember... you never know until you try and most times we are harder on ourselves than we need to be. This is a hard lesson for ME to learn as well. But try... what can you lose by trying??? *smile* Signature

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

Hon that pear looks real enough to eat! Absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...