Followers

Monday, February 15, 2010

A New Kitchen!!!

I FINALLY got around to using Melanie Muenchinger's new "Pop Up Oven" pattern and boy was I in for a shock! LOL First... I had my idea all laid out and wanted to make a replica of the inside of my ex-mother-in-law's kitchen that she just had redone. She is soooooooo excited about it and I wanted to send her a "congrats" card. Well, let me just say this... I spent about THREE hours on this one card!!!! LOL Not because it is so difficult, but, because I started with an A2 size card. Originally, I wanted to use Nina Brackett's, "Lovely Shelf" above the stove. Well once I got the idea I started cutting and coloring "things" to put on that shelf and ya know what??? It didn't fit!!! LOL So... off to do a 5" X 5" card! THEN... after ALL that... I decided against the shelf! HA HA Go figure. I began my card with the outside. I used Asela Hopkins, "The Journey" set for the door AND the Adirondack chair! Her house is grey with the red door and she has this BRIGHT SHINY Adirondack chair on the front stoop. I know you can't see it well here, but I used my Sakura Gel pen on the chair and it's totally shiny!! I also made a bit of a "boo boo". When I stamped the wording, "sit awhile".. I pushed down to hard and caught the edge of the rubber. Well now... I decided if Theresa can do it... so can I! LOL I covered it up by adding my penned border around the words!! Wah Lah! *smile* On the inside, I knew what the flooring was (wood) and the walls (white)... but instead of just using plain white, I found some yummy paper that was white with a shimmery white flower so I used that in place of just a plain wall. My floor was so easy since Gina K offered up some cool wood grain digital paper for us all on her FREEBIES page on StampTV! Yay!! I did use Nina's sunflowers in the vase from her "Lovely Shelf" set to sit on the counter. Also, I used Theresa Momber's, "Timeless Treasures" to make my clock. I simply stamped and colored the pocket watch in that set and cut it out without the chain. The rug was stamped using ladybugs from "A Year of Flowers".. another of Melanie's fabulous sets. I simply added small cuts to the end to make it appear as the threads hanging. She actually has a rug like this that she had a lady paint for her. Kind of a canvas rug with some type of acrylic paint on it but wow.. is it ever cool. She had black granite put on the counters and I used a small piece of black Laser Lustre from the Paper Temptress. I hope she likes the card... when I showed my son, he in-turn, showed it to his dad and he was shocked at how much it looked like Grandma's kitchen! LOL Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! *smile* Signature

2 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Well my goodness!! This is just a wow card, I love it!!!

Melanie said...

this card rocks, a perfect lead in, so clever and I love the texutred counter and aldybugs touches! wtg!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...