Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

A New Baby Is Coming!!

Isn't the arrival of a new baby an exciting time??? I made this card for a friend of mine who is actually (ready for this?) my niece's room mate's mom who lives in New York. That's a mouthful!! Ha Ligia (pronounced lee-hee-uh) just found out her older daughter is expecting and this will be Ligia's FIRST grand baby!!! I think sometimes it's more exciting for a first grandma than it is a mom-to-be! *smile* Obviously, Ligia called MY mom to tell her the good news. She has been here to visit us a few times along with her daughter and my niece. We have all become very close and we share in her wonderful news. Since she doesn't know the sex, I wanted to go with a neutral color to congratulate her on her fun news. I used Gina K's, "How Sweet It Is" set on the outside. I LOVE this stork and this was yet another set I had been putting off getting for a long time. The last time I saw a card made with it I decided, enough, I ordered it..... finally!! For my layering sheet I used the Paper Temptress' Marbled White Vellum. I LOVE this vellum. It reminds me of clouds and I thought it was perfect for the stork image. The yellow layer is also from the PT and is from the Ruche, Yellow Crepe. On the inside of my card I wanted to leave a small "impression" of what it would be like to hold that little baby the first time... *smile*. I used Melanie Muenchinger's, "Hand in Hand" for the image and the sentiment. I LOVE this set!!! OMGosh... I can just hear Ligia's excitement now when she sees that bundle of love for the very first time and I can just imagine her HUGE smile. I'm so very happy for her AND the mom-to-be!!! Have a great day and go hold a baby, if you can. I sure would though I am NOT allowed to anymore... (according to my hubby who thinks I'll want more!) LOL. *smile* Signature

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Aww, very sweet! (The inside was a nice surprise...) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...