Followers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

For Jessica

I LOVE this little mouse!!! I had seen him many times before and FINALLY I just couldn't help myself and had to grab "Mice Friends" by Our Craft Lounge for myself! Have you ever made a card and all the time you were making you were thinking of someone? I did when I made this card. I just thought it was so cute and for some reason I kept thinking of Jessica Fick, Designer for Gina K Designs and DT Coordinator (also the coordinator for myself and the other gals on the CSSDT!). She is just amazing with all she does and I had the privilege of meeting her in person last summer. If you've ever talked to Jessica on the phone, you can just see the smile in her voice! So I hope this card reaches her before my blog post.. hee hee. I colored my image with Copic markers and used the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder to emboss my Pure Luxury Base Weight Sweet Corn card stock. I was thrilled to be able to use this bright yellow ribbon I found while at Joanne's one day... kinda reminds me of Jessica's sunny personality. I layered with a simple square and circle Nestabilities. Again.. trying to over come the boredom of just doing the same ole, same ole. Kinda different, dontcha think? The inside is something I had to show you because I used the Solar White Classic Column paper from the Paper Temptress. I LOVE how this adds just a bit more style to the inside of a card. Also... I am amazed at how well you can stamp on it and the columns don't get in the way of the image and break it up. Just like stamping on smooth paper! I colored the little flower in also using my Copics and I admit at first I was reluctant. If you've ever used Copic markers before you know that if you don't use good quality paper, the color can bleed. Well... how about that... NO bleeding!!! You really should try this paper, I know it would look just as nice on a cover of a card as well. I just know in my heart that Jessica smiled when she saw that cute mouse... just like I did all the while I was making it and thinking of her. (I know.... aaaaaak... sooo mushy! Hee Hee) Have a great day and *smile*!!! Signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, I LOVE it, Tina! Thank you so much - your card is adorable! I love the bright cheery colors and yes, that mouse is adorable! BIG hugs, my friend - how sweet of you to think of me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...