Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Vintage Attempt...


As I've mentioned before I have been trying to improve my hand at using my Copics.  I've taken Suzanne Dean's CMC class and every since then I just keep practicing and practicing.  I can't say I'm pleased with everything I'm attempting but... I refuse to quit!  Today I'm sharing a Magnolia image that I "attempted" to color with a vintage look.  Ya.. I need to keep trying. LOL  But.. either way it did give me a bit more experience and I THINK I know what I can do to make it look better next time.  And still... I don't mind sharing this with you because it's NOT easy and I hope you know that you MUST keep trying and practice, practice, practice.  Nothing can be lost by trying... again and again.  So... on I go!! :-)

I started my card with Pure Luxury Grass Green card stock.  I added some torn Sky Blue ruched paper from the Paper Temptress.  A layer of DP I found in my stash which I tore as well.  I used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to rub along the edges of all my papers.  My image was cut out using my Lacy Ovals Nestabilitie. 

I'm definitely going to keep trying to color vintage with my Copics and I hope you stop by to see how it's going 'cause I think it's important to share and learn from each other. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!!  I'm going to be creating with NEW rubber from Gina K Designs!! Woot!  *HUGS*


Signature

4 comments:

Becky said...

wonderful design and beautiful card.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I think you did a great job on this one!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous Tina. I love how you tore and inked your papers and added a flourish.

Lisa Brinker said...

Beautiful. The coloring is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...