Followers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Mixed Media Challenge...

Hip Hip Horray it's Friday!!!! You KNOW I love me some Fridays!!!  Tonight I'm taking my son and daughter to see The Hunger Games!!  We are going with two of Steven's friends from school and their mothers as well.  Should be a fun night for all!!  Today I am sharing a mixed-media canvas that I created for the newest challenge over on CMC.  Have you tried a mixed-media piece before??? I strongly suggest you give it a shot... it's fun and pretty much ANYTHING GOES!!  Gotta love that!  Kinda like Mulligan's Stew! LOL

I began with spraying my canvas with some Adirondack Color Wash and added some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to the mix.  I let it sit awhile then patted off some of the large puddles before adding a touch more in a lighter mist.  My sentiment is from the "one free with 3 set" from Gina K Designs, "Great Sayings".  I LOVE these!!!  I stamped it in Memento on a piece of DP from the Echo Parks, Splash, collection.  Added a bit of distress to the edges and adhered to my canvas.



My butterfly is from the "Hope is Faith" set also available at Gina K's.  I stamped it four times and colored each one in with my Copics.  I cut them out and adhered the bottom butterfly flat onto my canvas.  For the next three I folded the wings up and adhered just the bodies moving them up a small bit before adhering them in place.  Here's a close up.


I added some bling for a trail on my butterflies.  A few pearls which I also colored with my Copics placed in the upper corner and then finishing it off with various paper and silk flowers at the bottom  And lastely, a cameo stick pin.

I really like how this came out and plan to hang it in my studio.  What a GREAT quote to live by and remind yourself of often.  Crafting IS my heart and it just makes me happy that I'm able to do this on a daily basis and to be able to share it all with you just makes it that much more enjoyable!

As always... thank you for visiting today and though I don't get a chance to respond to all your comments, I really really appreciate all you do to support my blog and my work.  Nothing means more than knowing someone appreciate what you are doing and that it brings a small amount of joy to them as well.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! *HUGS*



Signature

Copics I used:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh tina it turned out fabulous!!! so glad you joined in for mix it up!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Tina, this is gorgeous and inspirational. I love what you did with the butterfly.
Blessings,
Teresa

Ravengirl said...

Wow, beautiful work on this!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love mixed media projects and this is stunning - love the background and that butterfly is wonderful. So lovely to have this in your creative space :)

jennifer said...

Tina
Your mixed media project is absolutely beautiful and inspiring.
Jennifer Litton

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW! This is fabulous and a wonderful project for the challenge in the Mixed Media Group. I hope to catch up and join the fun, as soon as I finish up in Tm's class, which I have totally loved!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...