Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gina K Designs March Inspiration Hop Day 4






The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop!!! Gina and the Design Team will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of deeply etched, pre-cut Gina K. Designs stamps! To see the full list of winners check the Big News forum at Stamp TV a couple of days after the hops!!


First up... Believe in Yourself by Gina K... FREE with $35 or more order!!

I LOVE this big butterfly and what's NOT perfect about this saying??!! Something everyone should definitely have around to read over and over!  Nothing like positive reinforcement, I say.  

My card today started out with a Pure Luxury Lipstick Red card stock.  I added some Innocent Pink to border the DP of the same name, "Petals and Wings".  This butterfly is absolutely FUN FUN to color!! I used my Memento markers to match the colors in the DP and cut it out before propping it up on my Nestabilities Labels 23.  I added more of that wonderful DP and Lemon Drop card stock to put my sentiment on which I also colored with my markers.  And just a bit of bling on the bottom.  :-)


Next up... Great Sayings by Gina K... FREE with three set!!

  And open...


For this card I decided to make a "bookmarker" layout so that once the card is opened, they can then tear off the end and make it into a bookmarker.  :-)  


My card began with Pure Luxury Raspberry card stock.  I layered on some Soft Sand and topped it with more of the new DP paper, "Pool Side".  I stamped the flowers on White and used my Memento markers to color them in.  I used the Nestabilities Fancy Tags 3 and cut the ends off the oval tag to apply to the ends of the white card stock.  A little colored hemp and some flowers finish off the bookmarker side.  


Note:  If you misplace your perforating wheel on your paper cutter... do what I did... use the Scor-Bug Embosser to go down the scored line a few times and you can create your own perforated edge.  :-)





Now check out all the amazing designs and inspiration from the rest of the DT:

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! *HUG*


Signature

61 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful cards, Tina!!!

Riette said...

What an amazing idea for the bookmark! I"m going to go through my tools to see if I can make this in some way!

Cat Tidwell said...

I absolutely love that bookmark card! So AWEsome Tina! And love all of the details on the buttfly one!

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOVE the pretty, springy colors of your one free with 3 card - and the floral bling at the bottom is the perfect accent too Tina! And I like your fun gatefold card with the anniversary due too!

Olga said...

You cards are always so coloful! Love them!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG - fabulous, bright colored cards!!

Nana Griffin said...

Gorgeous cards Tina!

Elizabeth Cooper said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

Anita Braddock said...

Beautiful Cards the colors are great.
Love the colors and the papers. you have blended your colors great.
Love Love the Butterfly and the attention to detail. the added Lace adds that special touch and the Bling gives that wow factor. thanks for sharin g.
abbraddock@msn.com

Becky said...

wow, both of these are gorgeous. Wonderful colors.

Tami B. said...

Somebody is gonna be very happy getting these pretty cards. Great job.

Tami B. said...

Somebody is gonna be very happy getting these pretty cards. Great job.

Rozy said...

Love that pink butterfly!

Cheryl W. said...

What a great idea - to add a panel that can become a bookmark. Lovely cards!

Lagene said...

Beautiful cards! I just love the bling scene on the bottom of the butterfly card!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These are really nice colorful and cheery cards! Great idea for the bookmark!

Luanna said...

I love the coloring on the butterfly and the way you popped it up.

alex said...

Such beautiful creations, love the colour combo and layout on both :-)

Sharon said...

Such pretty cards and well designed!

Unknown said...

Really beautiful cards! Love the pretty colors you used on your first one and all the bling and pearls, man that's gorgeous! Your proud card is just as lovely!

Janice said...

love your inside border!

Susan said...

Really like them both.Love how you covered up part of the label. I always resist buying the larger die cuts because they take up so much room. Never occurred to me to cover part of it!

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, Tina - lovely cards! Esp the idea about having a bookmark attached to the card - two gifts in one! I love the pearls and bling you added at the bottom of first card, and the colors for both, the layouts! TFS!!!

Anne Biesterfeld said...

Very beautiful cards. Very inspiring.

Amy said...

The bookmark is a wonderful idea! The coloring on your butterfly is stunning. Lovely work!

Scrapacat said...

These are so pretty. I love the little flower garden you made for the butterfly with your bling. That blue raspberry card is darling! I'm a sucker for a bookmark. Tee hee!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That butterfly is GORGEOUS! Nice bling you added!
Regards,
Jennifer

Betty Neville said...

These are beautiful Tina! Love that border and the fabulous colors of your first card; and the bookmark card is a great idea!

Lorraine said...

So pretty! I love the bright colors and designs!

Lee said...

EEEEEKS!!!! Seriously the blingy flowers and grass.....OH MY HECK!!!! I'm soooo in love with that design I'm totally CASEing!!!!! And a darling bookmark too!!

janet33234 said...

Beautiful cards. Really like the bright colors.

Unknown said...

such cheerful colors!
thanks
Holly

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful. I love the bookmark idea.

Trisha said...

Beautiful job on both of your cards, Tina. Love the gorgeous butterfly and the bling on your first card.

scrappinmommom said...

Great colors. What a great idea for the bookmark. I may have to try that. Thanks for sharing.

Angelica Schmidt said...

Beautiful cards Tina! Love the butterfly and the bling!

Leta said...

I really like your choice of colors and of course the Bling

Robin said...

Cute cards and great idea for the bookmark. I will do this for the grandkids.

Pat Jandacek said...

Beautiful cards, Tina - brilliant idea for the bookmark card. tfs

Caryn S said...

Such amazing color combos! No one could be unhappy looking at these!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful cards.

The T-Shirt & Tole Shop said...

love your cards. thanks for sharing

Gee Sauvageau said...

Both cards are so cheerful. I especially love the blue raspberry one with just a touch of yellow.

Sue D said...

Great cards--I like how you embellished them.

Luv 2 Create said...

So pretty Tina.
Marcie

StampinSher said...

Wonderful creations. Great way to use the stamp sets. TFS

Sharon said...

I love your cards! They are so bright and colourful and the bookmark idea is awesome!

zehra said...

Lovely cards, love the colors, bright and perfect

Wendy Thompson said...

Thanks for sharing your great cards Tina. I love them

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh wow, these are both so great

Nanette said...

WOW! Both cards are stunning. They are my favorites so far!

Ravengirl said...

So clever with the bookmark card! I love it! And you butterfly card is truly uplifting!

FrancineB said...

Fabulous job on both cards. I like your choice of colors. Makes the cards very happy and fun to look at.

Kris in Alaska said...

Lovely cards! And love the bookmark idea too!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Marsha said...

Such fun cards.

Verna Angerhofer said...

You do the most wonderful things with stamps...and your use of these sets is so amazing too. Thanks for the great ideas and I will be the owner of both sets so I am thrilled.

Lisa H. said...

Wow, your 3-D embellishments are gorgeous! I love the idea of making a card and having a part of it become a bookmark. Genius!

CinBoopRella's Place said...

Be still my heart...these are truly wonderful!

Gayle said...

Beautiful cards, Tina and love the dual purpose of the card/bookmarker....very interesting!!

Jo4Him said...

Super cards; love the bookmark idea. Thanks for sharing.

miatagal said...

I love the textures on the gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...