Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Basket....


Today it was sooooooooo cold outside compared to the 60 and 70 degree temperatures last week.  I had done a few cards with Melanie Muenchinger's newest set, "Spring Basket" so it was hard to pick what to post for my previews and what to post on the Release Party night.  Sooo... I have more to share!! WooHoo!!  Melanie's set is now available at Gina K Designs along with all the other new February releases.

For this card my base is Pure Luxury Sweet Corn.  My image is stamped on White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored in with my Copic markers.  I LOVE how you can put the handles on this basket in an up position or down on the sides like I did here.  I added two Self-Adhesive Copper Nail Heads to the end of the baskets to make them appear nailed to the base (much like Longaberger baskets!).  I mounted my image on the Lacey Square Nestabilitie and then added a layer of Wild Dandelion card stock under that. 

I used some wired ribbon on my card to allow me to "crinkle" it a bit much like wrinkled seam tape.  I LOVE that stuff and haven't gotten any ordered yet... but for now the wired ribbon works.  Tip:  I buy lots of wired ribbon because it allows me the option of using it with or without.  Very easy to pull the wire out once you've cut a piece off if you decide you don't need it. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!! *smile*



Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...