Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Live, Life, Loud....


Welcome Saturday!!! Today I am off on an adventure with my 9 year old daughter!!  Dad bought us a luncheon at "Teacups & Tiara's", a little tea room down in Valley Junction... a small quaint little area with antique shops, candy store, vintage collectible stores and awesome gift boutiques all up and down the street.  One of the "highlights" of the tea room will be when we arrive, we get to pick out a hat or tiara that we would like to dine in.  Hee Hee I LOVE going to the area but rarely take the time to do it.  So, this is our special day together... our Valentine's gift from daddy.  :-)  We plan to shop after for... well... I guess whatever our hearts desire... then head off to a movie.  A total "girls day" together!!!  MY little "gift" in this day will be to return home... fill the bath with awesome smelling bubble bath... throw some candles around the bathroom and treat HER to a relaxing bubble complete with some relaxing music and a little "sparkling grape juice" on the side.  :-)  I think she will truly LOVE her/our special day!

Which leads me to my card.  It was meant for the Gina K Designs release party last week, but... when I created it... I KNEW it would be my son's Valentine's Day card. He LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! A newcomer to the electric guitar (he just started playing at the beginning of the school year)... he was so excited to see Tami Mayberry's newest set, "Live Life Loud".

I began with Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight white card stock and stamped many of the images in the set in red, white, blue and black.  I cut an oval using Nestabilities out of the Red Hot card stock.  I then stamped the guitar on the Layering Weight card stock and cut it out adding Lacquer to it and setting it aside to dry.  My sentiment stamped at the bottom and ta da!!!, the perfect teen card!

I can tell you already, this set will be used a TON!!! It's so "hip" with my kids and I love the textured background stamps she has as well in the set.  A definite MUST HAVE if only for those!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!  *smile*

Signature

2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Fabulous card for a boy, Tina!

Melanie said...

wonderful card!

Teacups and Tiaras sounds like so much fun, I hope you two had a wonderful day together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...