Followers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A GRAND Calibur Family...

I had a very FUN weekend at My Studio today!!!  I took some time to play with my Grand Calibur machine I got for Christmas.  I can't wait to get some more Grand Nesties!!!

I began with the largest Grand Nestabilitie Labels 4.  I then took my Petite Oval Nestabilitie and cut my kids pictures out after converting them to Sepia to coordinate with my DP.  I used the Petitie Scallop Oval Nestabilitie to add a small border around the ovals and bring out some of the turquoise in the DP.  Since my DP was pretty heavy I decided to use Pop Dots on the back and adhere it to a layer of Gina K DesignsPure Luxury Heavy Base Weight Sweet Corn card stock.  I used Tim Holtz' Vintage Photo Distress Ink to brush around the edges of the Sweet Corn.  Then I layered it with a piece of Cranberry Tart card stock. 

I added a VERY thick piece of chip board to the back for added durability and attached my organdy ribbon to hang it from.

I really like how this came out and I think... maybe... this Grand Calibur will come in super handy for those "hard-to-buy-for" grandparent gifts!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! *smile*



Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...