Followers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Flowers to Brighten Your Day

I love flowers. I love stamping them, getting them and mostly... sending them. Every time I see the big Gerber Daisies, I think of my ex-mother-in-law. She loves those. And... guess... she loves ladybugs too. So obviously, this card was made with her in mind. I love using my Scor-Pal as well and decided to try a sort of "grid" pattern on my card stock before stamping it. Perhaps a bit of a "ceramic tile" look. You know those WAY fancy homes and WAY expensive ones all have the coolest hand painted tiles in them! Well... this may be the only way I can afford some "handmade" tiles... HA!! I used my Koh-i-noor Woodless Colour Pencils and blended using my blending stumps and mineral spirits. These are so easy to use and blend with. I stamped the images from Melanie Muenchinger's A Year of Flowers set. Even the ladybug is in the set! I colored it and used Crystal Effects on it to add dimension to it. It looks SO REAL!!!! I didn't get a picture of the envelope I made to go with but since she uses "Ladybug" as her screen name online I also put the same ladybug in the corner of all her envelopes. As I mentioned before, I made her a bundle of cards to use since she writes notes still to friends. Now she tells me it has to be REALLY special before she gives one away. LOL *eye roll* Have a happy day and enjoy the bright flowers!!

1 comment:

AKiteFlier said...

lovely! The lady bug is a perfect touch! This is one of my fave sets for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...