Followers

Monday, April 20, 2009

First Touch

I am such a sucker for babies!!!! When Gina K. challenged us to do a "baby wipe" technique card well... pfffft... you just can't help but DO a baby card!!! Now I am not allowed to even look at babies... I think my hubby thinks they'll automatically make me want more... NOT! But... gosh... just to touch their little hands... tickle their tiny toes... ohhhhhhhhh nothing in the world is like touching and holding babies. Especially when it's your own!! If you've never done the "baby wipe" technique... Gina has TWO awesome videos on Stamp TV that she teaches you how and what you need to do this. Her videos are awesome, straight forward, and so easy to follow... you HAVE to go check them out! I decided to use my "baby wipe" background in more than one way. Initially, I put it behind my stamped image from Melanie Muenchinger's Hand in Hand set. Then... I decided to use the scraps to punch out a few "matching" flowers. Again, I couldn't quite find the background paper I wanted so I just took my matching markers and drew lines down the front of the card. I liked the way it ended up. Next... on the inside I put a piece down and added some border punched "ruffle" to the edges to resemble, hopefully, a baby blanket. Then I cut a smaller piece and used it for my message and also to resemble a baby pillow. I popped it up with a few pop dots so it looked like it was raised off the blanket. I guess if I can't have more babies... I'll play with the fun stamps that Gina K offers and make baby cards for everyone else. Besides... they are much more fun when you can GIVE THEM BACK to their mothers!! Right?!! LOL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...