Followers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sign of Love


Good morning!! Are you having snow like we are... finally??? Seems we got through December without much at all and it looks like we have a couple days of it this week with a day or so off and then more.  Starting to actually LOOK like winter around here.  NOT that I'm complaining... last winter was awful so I am so enjoying the milder one we are having so far.

Today I am sharing another card I created using Melanie Muenchinger's newest set at Gina K Designs, "Home Is Where Your Heart Is".  I sooooo love this set!!!  I began with a base of Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight Red Hot card stock.  I ran it through an embossing folder I had from SU and then stamped my image on the Layering Weight white card stock.  I paper pieced the red gingham and then cut the area out inside the hands.  I did the same with the black card stock layer under the image.  I mounted my image using pop dots and added the tiny heart from Tami Mayberry's newest set, "Hopeful Hearts".

I did not put my black ribbon completely across the middle or you would have seen it through the cut out hands.  I attached a piece to each side of the image and wrapped it around both sides. 

My sentiment is simply stamped on another piece of layering weight card stock and adhered to the bottom.  I really really like how this one came out.  I was just looking at this card today and thought... isn't it awesome how our hands can tell so much?  Peace, love, sign language, marriage... just amazing how much we can do and use our hands for.  Melanie is always just right on with her sets!!!

In fact... Melanie has been featured on the Operation Write Home web site and they are showcasing many of the cards made using her set.  You can check out their web site HERE

And... Melanie is asking if you purchase her set, if you'd be willing to send one of your creations using it to OWH.  Melanie is personally attempting to send a card every time one of her sets is sold.  If you'd like to help.. (because if she sells a MILLION.. she may need help!  ;-) ), you can send as many cards as you'd like.  Personally, I am sending as many as I can!!  And.. they don't have to be just using Melanie's set so if you have extras lying around you need to clear out... what better way to use them!

I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!  *smile*
Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...