Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simple Elegance???

I'm always amazed at how just a simple stamp can be turned into such a elegant, pretty card with simply just the right DP and a small amount of effort. My card today was done for a color challenge over on Stamp TV to use pink, brown and white. I used Nina Brackett's, "Lovely Shelf" and paper pieced the vase so that it was on pink paper and I could still color the flower in with my Copic markers. Also, it might be kind of hard to see, but the DP I stamped the vase on has tiny white dots on it. My white background DP is also somewhat a glossy/foil type paper and I LOVE it! It was a nice little gift from some special people this year along with my favorite Kaiser pearls in the lower corner. I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends. *smile* I wasn't sure how I wanted to use this card so I simply used the "Just for You" sentiments from Nina's set. ALL the sentiments in that set are so pretty and use the same font as this one which I just love. I hope you stop over to Stamp TV and try some of the color challenges. It definitely has broadened my use of colors together... some I would never consider using and they turn out wonderfully. Have a great day! *smile* Signature

2 comments:

Caity Sue said...

I love the Simple Elegance of this card - it was named appropriately, that's for sure!

Lynn Mercurio said...

For sure, Tina...this little vase is such a wonderfully elegant card. Love the colors and the little extras like your paper piercing and those lovely pearls. Stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...