Followers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mall of America Surprise!

I FINALLY did some scrap booking!!! Well... a few pages anyway, but it's a start, right??? The kids and I made several 3 and 4 days trips in the summer of '08 because my DH didn't have any time off work. So instead of heading out someone far away alone with the kids, we did lots of small trips and wow.. did we have fun!!! It was amazing... the first time we left... we left on a Friday after I got done working... 3:30 PM and came home Sunday afternoon. It felt like we were gone for a week!!! Short trips rock!! One trip was to the Mall of America. They had a blast there!! Not only did we shop, but they have the indoor amusement park and that was a major plus for the kids. One day after leaving the mall, we stopped to get gas and ran inside for quick snack or two to take back to our hotel. Well.... look at what WE spotted!!!! A REAL Minnesota Viking Cheerleader!!!! Actually, there were two.. one was off in another area. I talked Steven into taking his picture with her and she was very happy to. He was shy at first then realized he may never meet a REAL cheerleader again and posed nicely. I used Melanie Muenchinger's "Sporty Accessories" to embellish this page and I couldn't have found a better set!! I colored the images with my Copics and cute them out. I did use her row of stars from her "Hip to be Square" set and heat embossed them in gold. I have to tell you, when we were checking out, we noticed they were still there and Steven had said he wished he had gotten her autograph. Well.. she came up to the counter and he asked!! She said, "Sure!".... so he went to grab a napkin and I remembered when she chatted a bit with us earlier after the picture, she said they were at the Mall to sell their calendars to benefit MN Make a Wish. I asked her if they had any and she said they did so we bought one and BOTH cheerleaders signed on their page. Steven told her he was gonna give it to his dad because he couldn't come with us. How sweet, huh? *smile* Have a great day and get your scrap booking on! It's a new year!!! *smile* Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...