Followers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let's Ride!

As some of you may know... my husband drives a semi for the Post Office back and forth to Indiana. He's gone a few nights a week but mostly, we get him on Sunday, Monday and Thursday evenings. When he IS home.. he's always telling me.. "You know.. 'we' could get our own truck and 'we' could make even more money!" HA! Yeah right! So, I usually tell him (just to keep him thinking I'm ALL for it... "Sure... as long as it's a purple one!" LOL So today's card is for him.. MY purple truck! Hee Hee My image is from, once again, Asela Hopkins newest release, "The Journey". I love the images in this set... all of them... and the sayings she has with it are so appropriate. There are soooo many ways you can do this truck and one of the coolest ones I've seen recently is on Melanie Muenchinger's blog... her "Hot Rod". You must stop over and see it! I did break up the saying on this card (it actually says.. "The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" and IF I had photographed the inside, you could see that I actually combined Melanie's "Hand in Hand" set with this. I stamped one of the images of the two hands together down in the corner of the inside and the saying I put on it says... "A friend is a hand always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be." It seemed appropriate for my husband and I since we always tell our kids we ARE best friends first. And with him being away so often, it seemed to fit the bill. I know... we're BOTH sentimental fools... but don't tell him I said that... he likes to refuse it's so. *wink* Then again, he WILL occasionally say... "WHAT??? I can be all sentimental and shhhhhtufff." LOL One thing I notice with Asela's stamps... she has a way of adding those areas in her illustrations that leave all the guessing out as to where to shade. I like that about her stamps as well. Of course you can get both Asela's and Melanie's stamps at Gina K Designs. I hope you have a great day and that YOUR best friend isn't to far away... or at least close in heart. Signature

11 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

You're amazing - how do you keep coming up with these stunning cards???????
I've had a shocker of a week not happy with most I've made until the R W & B number - hope I get my act together quick!!!!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

I love this Tina! That truck is going to be a "gotta have it" stamp soon in my own craft room! I love this!

Karen K. said...

Hi Tina- Love that purple truck! I definitely made note of your new blog addy!

AKiteFlier said...

Thanks for the new addy on your blog - I love your stuff and Des Moines isn't all THAT far LOL! Great purple truck too - and cool sigy!

craftieodmae said...

Thanks for the link to your blog, it's great!

Carla S. said...

Thanks for your new blog address, Tina! Great card for your DH! Love how you colored the purple truck!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE it! Got your message and changed it on my blog!

Your card is fantastic and i love what you did with the sentiment (and combining the sets!)

Donna Baker said...

what a great card - love the screw brads with the truck image

CraftieConnie said...

Hi Tina, I am here! Love your blog! Your cards are amazing and your write-ups are great! Thanks for letting me know about the new url! Have a great evening!

Kym Weber said...

Thanks for letting me know about your new blog. Awesome purple truck. I love it.

Jennie said...

This is just awesome Tina! Great design on this and love the colors. Just fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...