Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Have a SWEET 4th of July!!

Today should be a "sweet" day, I've decided. A day filled with fun, laughter and good things to eat! OF COURSE.. eat!!! I don't know about you, but my family is HUGE! My father has 10 siblings on his side and my mother has 11 siblings on her side. That makes for a BIG BIG family. And, as always when special holidays roll around, there are LOTS of people involved. This holiday is no different. My family, minus my DH who will be working, will be heading down to our lake property in Missouri. My mom and dad have TONS of people who come to stay with them and the rooms will be all filled along with the small cottage they have next to their house and still there will even be a few people sleeping on the floors. Not to mention the ones that bring their campers and tents! That's just how it rolls at the lake. LOL My dad is the president of the lake association and (lucky me - ha!), I am the secretary. He pretty much has an open invitation to everyone at the lake (other members included WITH the family) for a hog roast as well today. Every 4th of July, since we are in Missouri, dad and others buy lots of fireworks and it is very normal for us all to gather at his house... on his HUGE deck and watch as the younger guys set them off. The kids just love it! My card today was a first for me. I made it using one of my Nestabilities dies. I overlapped the top edge so that it would leave the fold and thus making a scalloped circular card. I used my FREE digital paper which I got from Gina K at StampTV. I also used my Cuttlebug "Swiss Dot" embossing folder to add some texture to the card. This was my design for the Potluck Friday Challenge this week which was to use a non-traditional card size and some of Gina K's digital paper. I double up on my ribbon because I loved the shimmer of the yellowish one but still wanted it to look girly with the pink. Have a fun AND safe 4th of July!!! Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...